“A Home Healing Room is a room in your home dedicated to preserving and healing your health. It’s not a hospital room, not a workout room and not a playroom. It is a room you design containing items you use that will help you to de-stress and rejuvenate.”
Let me take a look at your schedule for let’s say any day of the week: up at 6:00, grab a cup of coffee, shower, get the kids up for school, dress everyone, load up the kids and backpacks, deliver kids to school, head to work. 9:00 a.m. meeting, schedule the next meeting, phone calls, emails, finish a report due two days ago, schedule another meeting, lunch, two more short meetings, more phone calls, emails, schedule appointments, grab a company car to pick up waiting product, more phone calls, head home… late, run by the drive-through and pick up dinner for everyone, look over school reports, get kids ready for bed, check emails, put the kids to bed, answer emails, clean the kitchen, pay bills, search your favorite web sites, get ready for bed, watch the news, go to bed at 11:30.
Our demanding, relentless schedules are a part of life these days. Five days a week, you’re at it. Don’t you ask yourself, “When do I get some time to myself?” or “When do I get to find the time to heal, relax and rejuvenate?” This is why you and you r family need a Home Healing Room. We’ll learn more about that in just a bit, but you do need one and the benefits are phenomenal. The stress you face is a given in most working families in America and that goes for the kids too. If you were paid by the titles, you carried: chauffer, banker, landscaper, cook, childcare worker, psychologist, athletic agent, tutor, coach, accountant, maid, guidance counselor, healthcare worker, activities coordinator, referee, projects coordinator and even mechanic, financial worries would be non-existent and your stress level cut by three quarters.
Today most people live a lifestyle full of everything but time and stress relief. So, for your health and the health of your family, yes, even the little ones, it is vital that you learn to deal with and eliminate the epidemic of stress in your life before your health begins heading to the dark side. A Home Healing Room is a great solution.
Recognizing stress as a very serious concern is the first step to addressing possible health problems you or your family might be experiencing. Study after study has shown that stress is one of the country’s top killer’s, and if stress doesn’t eventually and regrettably kill you or a family member at an early age, it will cause serious health concerns for years, as you careen to a early, depressing demise.
What do people with stress-free lives have that most people don’t? They have a plan to deal with stress, to get it out of their lives. Stress-free people are happier and healthier. Stress-free people have lower levels of the “stress hormone” cortisol. This hormone is linked to a long list of health problems including: hypertension, type two diabetes, high blood pressure, (doesn’t that Home Healing Room sound good about now?), decreased muscle tissue, impaired cognitive performance, weight gain and suppressed thyroid function. If you suffer from anyone of these then you just doubled the effect of stress. Gain some weight and “barn,” you just tripled your stress level.
What is a Home Healing Room?
A Home Healing Room is a room in your home dedicated to preserving and healing your health. It’s not a hospital room, not a workout room and not a playroom. It is a room you design containing items you use that will help you to de-stress and rejuvenate. Think about it this way, if you had one heck of a day and the last thing you want is to greet your family with the attitude of a grizzly bear that just backed into a porcupine.
So, on your way home you call ahead and put in a reservation for twenty minutes in the Home Healing Room before you get together with the family. You arrive home, go straight to the Home Healing Room, tum on some soothing sounds of the ocean, pour some jasmine oil on a heated stone, tum on your oxygen generating machine, settle into your massage chair and strategically place some magnetic pads on that sore knee and aching neck and just chill for twenty minutes. When you’re done you will feel so good, so alive, so relaxed that you will completely forget the troubles of the day and step out of the room to greet your family with a smile and hugs, not the growl of a grizzly bear.
Why a Home Healing Room?
Have you been to a doctor lately? An emergency room? A health Clinic? Can you believe what it costs to treat your health problems?!? Health care costs are unbelievable and very near out of reach for the average American. These costs are breaking the backs of huge corporations, small businesses and even small cities. You have to take charge of your health or it will take charge of you in a drastic way.
Health problems can send you into bankruptcy, because you to lose your home or car, delay needed purchases and put you into debt for years. I have seen it happen repeatedly and I knew something had to be done to enable people like you to be proactive when dealing with health concerns. That’s when I thought up the Home Healing Room.
Early Thoughts and Research
Study after study that I researched indicated that stress was a big problem for most people and something had to be done. So, the homebuilder in me thought, Where can people go to relieve stress that they have access to everyday? Not a club, they can be just as stressful as work. Not a clinic, because that’s just not feasible, but why not their home? People have workout rooms, game-rooms and project rooms so, why not a room dedicated to stress relief?” The Home Healing Room was born.
You spend your days bombarded with stress causers: loud noises, pollution, toxins, mold, EMFs, cell phones, people, Geopathic stress and the list goes on and on. But it doesn’t stop when you get home. Once there you have loud music, a blaring television, and children running through the house and sometimes even conflict and arguments. Most people spend 90% of their time indoors, whether at home or the office. A Home Healing Room makes perfect sense.
I bounced the idea off of some friends and family and they thought it was great. That was the easy part – now the workload began. I needed information that would help you create an effective Home Healing Room. I spoke with experts in all fields of health treatments from the conventional to the unconventional. I spoke with doctors and professionals from Switzerland, Australia, France, Mexico, Germany, and Canada and gathered their thoughts and opinions on the concept. They shared my enthusiasm and offered tremendous suggestions. The aspect they all saw as key was that a Home Healing Room was proactive, easy to assemble and something that could be done safely at any time without an appointment, consultation or regulation.
Thoughts and Facts
“75 to 90% of visits to primary care physicians are due to stress related problems including backache, neck ache, insomnia, anxiety, depression, chest pain, hypertension, acid reflux and headache.” – United States Council of Health
Let’s Get Started
Okay, now you’re thinking, “Hey, now that we’ve decided that the home is the perfect space for a Home Healing Room, what’s next?” You have to consider which room will be most convenient and effective and how much you’re willing to spend. You need to put your room together to suit the needs of you and your family. You can spend as little as a few hundred dollars or as much as one hundred thousand dollars.
If you’re in an existing home, you can do any or all of the following: pick a room that is secluded; as far as possible from the most active part of the home. If you don’t have an entire room to spare use part of your bedroom or a room that you can make sure is available with no disruptions for twenty to thirty minutes a day.
If you’re building a home and want to incorporate a Home Healing Room you’ll want to make sure you keep the construction of the room as pure as possible (consult the earlier sections of the book concerning healthy construction techniques). Be aware of where the electrical and plumbing are run, include extra soundproofing material in or on the walls and ceiling, install wood or tile floors, quality windows, dimmer switches and solid core doors for added soundproofing.
Once you’ve selected the room what do you put in it? How do you arrange it to accommodate each member of the family? That will be up to your tastes and needs but remember that what you put in your Home Healing Room is as important as what you don’t. With that in mind, let’s look at what you might want to put in your room to create the perfect place of stress relief and healing.
Products and Suggestions for Creating Your Home Healing Room:
• Place items in the room that make you feel good, like the items we covered during our discussion of Feng Shui.
• Make the room comfortable: a large plush easy chair and or sofa, beanbag chairs, colorful throw rugs, whatever it is that offers the most comfort for you. But DO NOT clutter up the room. Keep it simple, fun, relaxing and inviting.
• Paint the walls with colors that make you feel good . Steer clear of the old standby, white, and go for some bright, pleasing colors. Go with a two-tone style, with painted trim work, be creative but positive. No dark, depressing colors.
• Put in a massage chair or massage pad that fits in the comfortable chair you’ve placed in the room. If you’ve tried one of those pricey massage chairs you’ve come close to heaven. They’re tremendous. If spending over a thousand dollars is out of the question go for one of the massage pads. They’re affordable, portable and effective.
• Install a Magnetic pulsing unit. These devices are designed to disable and destroy microorganisms, viruses, bacteria and fungi by means of a pulsed, intense, magnetic field.
• Install a Hyperthermia Sauna with Ozone. These units artificially induce fever in individuals who are unable to mount a natural fever response to infection, inflammation and other health problems. It is used over the entire body to treat imbalances in the body ranging from viral infections to cancer, to clean out heavy metals and is an effective self-help treatment for the common cold and flu.
• Install full spectrum light bulbs in any lamps or fixtures in the room. Full spectrum lights provide “sunlight” which improves immunity, prevents disease, increases mental alertness, stimulates the metabolic system and boosts energy levels.
• Install a HEPA air purification system. These come in all shapes, sizes and price ranges. An air purification system neutralizes odors and dramatically reduces the contaminants you breathe into your body.
• Purchase a Salt Lamp for a myriad of health benefits. These lamps are made from 250 million year old salt and act as natural air ionizers. By ionizing the air Salt Lamps act as air purifiers, which can benefit asthma and allergy sufferers, increase mental alertness and promote comfort and relaxation.
• Use a CD player for music and sounds in room. Make sure you install quality speakers for the greatest sound quality. Cheap speakers will give you flat, muffled music or sounds. Quality speakers are very affordable and will make you feel like you’re at a concert or, depending on the sound you might be listening to, at the beach or sitting next to a mountain stream you’ll notice and appreciate the difference.
• If you must have a television or computer in the room make sure it has an LCD screen. The old style CRT (cathode ray tubes) screens are clunky contraptions of magnets, tubes and beams shooting electrons forward to light up red, green, and blue phosphors as they pass through the screen and toward you. LCD screens, while looking great and taking up less space than a CRT screen, also reduce eye fatigue and spare you the radiation that old CRT’s emit.
• While relaxing try using magnetic pads that you can place on the parts of your body that feel sore or agitated. Magnets can help improve circulation and increase the oxygen level in the bloodstream. The increased oxygen helps the healing process, helps flush out toxins, and aids with pain relief.
• Choose a comfortable blanket made out of natural untreated cotton or wool. A natural blanket is healthier than man-made products and just feels better.
• You might consider purchasing a Zapper invented by Dr. Hulda Clark, www.drhuldaclark.org, a Magnetic Pulser invented by Dr. Robert Beck or even a Rife machine invented by Dr. Raymond Rife. I would suggest doing what I did and research each device to see what might work best for your rejuvenation and healing. There is a tremendous amount of information on the internet about the devices, their applications and success stories. I believe in their use and effectiveness. I’ve spoken with many people who have nothing but praise for these devices. Please keep in mind that if you are currently under the care of a physician for an ailment that one of these devices addresses, follow your doctor’s orders.
• The lighting of the room is important as we mentioned, using full spectrum light bulbs, but you can also implement Colored Light Therapy. Light therapy utilizes filtered floodlights or small beams of light to bathe the skin in different shades of color. It is most associated with the use of red light but can also involve white, blue, violet, and other colors. Practitioners suggest that different colors of light affect the body by altering production of neurochemicals in the brain. Color Light Therapy is used to treat insomnia, headaches, arthritis, weight control, depression, panic attacks and more.
• Purchase a personal massager and reap the benefits of Vibration Therapy. There are many types of massagers, from hand held for neck, back or shoulders to full body massage Loungers. This therapy is used in many countries for its benefits in fitness, health and rehabilitation. Vibration therapy can improve blood flow, decrease pain, speed healing, aid in fat reduction and enable people with debilitating conditions to get their bodies active without having to attempt normal exercises that their conditions won’t allow.
• Purchase one of those nice big exercise balls you see on television all the time. They’re fun to use, can increase your Blood circulation, can help you stretch and allows you to get in some calm, focused exercise while you’re relaxing.
• Open up those essential oils we discussed and fill your senses with relaxing aromas sure to relax and comfort you.
• Keep some crystals and gemstones in the room for placement on those aching muscles or your body in general. You can also wear them as jewelry on a bracelet, necklace or earrings. It’s called Gem therapy and has been practiced for thousands of years. The benefits of Jim therapy can include increased sex drive, restoration of confidence, repair body imbalances, improve mental clarity, pain relief and more.
Things You Do Not Want in Your new Home Healing Room:
• Outside noise: If you’re building a home, as was already mentioned, you may want to soundproof the room.
• Out gassing from noxious chemicals: No air deodorizers, toxic candles, cologne, bug spray or any chemical products in this room. It’s all about relaxing and part of that is clean, oxygen enriched air. Chemicals will only defeat your efforts.
• EMF or Geopathic Stress: We discussed this in previous chapters. Make sure to test your room.
• A dirty heating and cooling system : You’ll want to make sure that the heating and cooling system that supplies air to the room is clean. In stall new ductwork if you like or have the system professionally cleaned to ensure that mold or other substances will not be passed into the room.
• Water pipes, electrical transmission lines and sewer lines beneath the room or in the walls and ceiling: This is discussed further in the chapter.
• Energy zapping items or bad room design: This is also discussed in the chapter on Feng Shui.
• EMF’s, Plastic or petroleum products: This is a toughie. Obviously you will have to have some plastic products and some petroleum products. Just try to keep the percentages as low as possible. Opt for glass, wood and other plant materials, animal fiber, metal, stone and crystal products.
• Anything with a bad “vibe.” If you don’t get along with your in-laws do you really want an 8 x 10” glossy of your spouse’s mother staring at you? No.
Testing the Room
you’ve spent a lot of time and effort on your home healing room, you and it deserves some respect. So let’s lay down some rules. These rules will make it clear to everyone in the family, including friends who pop over for a quick treatment, that the room is a place of healing, not a playroom, party room, bedroom or a storeroom.
• Never argue or have stressful events take place in the room. You need to keep the room full of positive energy.
• Keep pets out of the room as much as possible, if you let them in at all. Pet hair, dander, accidents and dirty paws will cloud the air and decrease the effects of your efforts.
• I to take your shoes off before entering the room. You never know what might be on the bottom of your shoes.
• Don’t injure your room for treatment while you are sweating, grimy or dirty. If you just returned from a big softball tournament and want to wind down in the room, do yourself a favor and the room a favor by taking a relaxing shower putting on some comfortable clothes. If you’ve ever been gardening for painting the house you definitely don’t want any of the chemicals from paint or cleaning liquids in the room. If you don’t have time for a quick shower you should always wash your hands before entering the room.
• This is not a room for kids to play hide and seek in or have a slumber party.
• This is not a room for talking on the telephone or using the computer.
• Having the correct humidity is important; if the area is too warm and dry it dries out the mucous membranes and makes them more susceptible to bacteria and viruses.
Okay, you’re now well on your way to having a Home Healing Room. No matter how simple or elaborate you decide to make your room, you and your family will thoroughly enjoy the benefits. Your health will improve, your attitude will improve and your ability to recover from illness will improve.
The Home Healing Room is going to help you deal with stress and it will become your best defense against the constraints of a medical system that is designed for profit and maintaining the status quo. Yes, those are pretty strong words, but the way the average American is treated both with medical solutions and with the tremendous cost of treatment is an outrage. You have taken the first step in somewhat of a revolution, you have taken charge of your health instead of letting the health care industry take charge of you.
My father always said that there’s a right way, a wrong way and a better way of doing things and he was right – but the medical community doesn’t share his belief. It seems as though the medical community believes that there is their way… and that’s it. Most medical practitioners keep a closed mind to alternative medicine, since it doesn’t adhere to their strict indoctrination of the doctor is always right and the patient is along for the ride.
Now, I don’t want you to think that I’m anti-doctor, quite the opposite. Doctors, nurses and medical technicians do the Lord’s work. I’ve just found through my research that the medical community is slightly closed minded to what some consider alternative medicine, but in the world of practical sense and innovation this “alternative medicine” is actually just as useful and viable as conventional treatment.
Now, why do I mention such a controversial subject as challenging the standard services you receive from conventional medicine? You’ve taken a drastic step in establishing a little medical independence by being proactive. You’ve taken measures to prevent illness, not “deal” with illness. Why is that a bummer for the medical community?
It all boils down to the almighty dollar. Medical treatment in all capacities at its lowest estimate is well over one trillion dollars a year in the United States. That’s 1,000,000,000,000 – a lot of zeros! If you laid one-dollar bills end to end, you could make a chain that stretches from earth to the moon and back again 200 times before you would reach the one trillion dollar mark. One trillion dollars would stretch almost from the earth to the sun.
It would take a jet flying at the speed of sound, reeling out a roll of dollar bills behind it, 14 years before it reeled out one trillion dollars. That’s what the medical community is doing for you and society. The cost to treat diabetes alone is $132 billion dollars a year (from the National Diabetes Information Clearing House). There are over 34 million visits to medical centers for cancer related issues each year, amounting to an estimated cost of over $192 billion dollars (From the National Cancer Institute). The numbers for the cost to individuals and society for medical treatment are staggering and in many cases uncalled form.
Everything was Unconventional Once
One of the most common treatments for cancer is radiation. When this idea was first thrown into the world of medicine a vast majority of the medical community scoffed. When a heart transplant was first considered many doctors said that it wouldn’t work. And talk about radical, when surgeons thought up the idea of using sea coral as a framework for growing new bone in humans what do you think most doctors thought? Just about every medical procedure was at one time considered unconventional or alternative. Are there bad ideas, failed ideas, alternative medicines or procedures that are just plain designed to rip off the public? Yes, there are plenty, but not all of them fall into that category.
Doctors have extremely strict rules and guidelines as to how, and with what, they can treat a patient. They have to stay within the confines of what they’ve learned, what meets the code of conduct by the American Medical Association and what is approved by the Food and Drug
Administration. If a doctor knows or believes something may work for a patient but it’s out of the circle of acceptable practices, and he uses it, that doctor can be prosecuted. That doctor can be sued, he can lose his medical license, and his practice. He can lose everything. This threat of total annihilation is thought of as a safeguard against actual medical quackery or incompetence, but it is actually a deterrent against embracing new ideas or products. This can be tragic for people who are desperate for new ideas that need to be researched and supported and alternative methods of treatment.
For someone like me the medical community and FDA at times drag their feet. Why should they be in a hurry? It could be bad for business and their slow pace is good job security. But, if you are like me, with a family member who is battling cancer or any other disease, I’m sure you’d like those in the know and in charge to do a little more to open their minds and practices to new ideas and treatments.
Cancer is at an all-time high with no cure in sight. Treatment is progressing but more can and should be done. This is why I’m so glad that you’re reading this book and taking charge of your health before a disease finds its way into your body and you are in the fight of your life. Your attention and prevention now can be the difference between a long healthy life and one cut short by disease.
The Home Healing Room is a way not just to relax and rejuvenate but also to expand your ideas and understanding of medical treatment and prevention. You can bring “alternative” products and technology into your home and see what works for you.
However, just because you’re taking charge of your health, do not neglect the tremendous treatments available from the “traditional” medical community. I would completely and wholeheartedly recommend that you consult with your physician when something isn’t quite right and get regular screenings and checkups. Don’t take a chance, but we can make our own decisions or add to what a physician suggests or prescribes.
If you find yourself backed into a corner by a health challenge and the treatment you’ve received from a doctor just isn’t working, at least take a look at some alternative practices or technology that may not be endorsed just yet by the medical community but that others may have found useful. I am by no mean suggesting that you believe claims of a “magic cure,” “secret device” or “ancient remedy.” But people have tried alternative therapies all over the world and many of these therapies have proven useful to the point of even curing certain afflictions.
While researching this book the last few years I’ve found some astounding healthcare technologies that may be considered “alternative,” but they work. It’s shown me that there is so much out there! You just have to dig deep, do tremendous research and network with others who may be in the same predicament. You can learn what works, what doesn’t, what’s a fraud
and share what you experience so others benefit from your experience.
The information you and I seek is vast and mountainous. It’s so huge that I could spend the rest of my life producing articles and videos on thousands of subjects. Keep a watch on two websites, www.WhoShallCare.com and www.homehealingroom.com. There you’ll find great information and resources to help you in your research and, given time, I’ll be writing more books for you and your family.
By Tom Hoshall
“Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmary.” – Preamble to the Constitution of the world health organization as adopted by the international health conference,
New York June 19, 1946